At its core, Walt Disney World is a place for families of all kinds to come together and make wonderful memories.
Which is why what I’m about to say may shock you: Walt Disney World is also a great place to fight with your family.
“What did she just say!?”
That’s right, I said FIGHT WITH YOUR FAMILY… in the most magical way, of course!
There are several attractions that encourage some friendly competition which is a great way to laugh, kindly mock, and make memories with your group. I often suggest making a wager before boarding one of these — loser buys Mickey bars? winner picks the lunch spot? Come up with your own fun bet to spice up the day! Trust me, the kids will LOVE watching Mom get competitive or cheer if they end up beating Dad.
Here are our picks for the best attractions to fight with your family — and tips on how to win!
Head to Tomorrowland to spin with your favorite Space Ranger! Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin puts you on a mission to stop the Evil Emperor Zurg from stealing batteries. Each player has a laser gun attached to his or her vehicle and shoots at targets all around them.
Hit the targets, you score points. But some targets are worth more than others! Here are the best targets to aim for to score big — and win!
- In the first room as you head to the second room, there is a claw arm (like “the clawwwww”) on the righthand side with a target in the middle. It’s worth 100,000 points.
- Also in the first room, there is a big orange robot on the left. On his left hand, there are targets on the front AND the back. (As in, you’ll need to spin around as you pass it.) These are both worth 100,000 points.
- In the next room, there is a volcano at the back on the room. The target at the top of the volcano will make it erupt — and it’s worth 25,000 points.
- As you head into the next room, you’ll see a series of big batteries standing in front of you. Hit them and they will fall over, and give you 10,000 points each.
- After the batteries, spin yourself to face Zurg on the right. At the bottom point of his command desk, there is a target worth 100,000 points.
- After the virtual room, your space cruiser will automatically turn a certain direction. Smile — your photo is being taken and you’re a WINNER.
(P.S. Fight your sister for the joy stick; you want to be in control.)
Test Track is not only the fastest ride in Walt Disney World, it’s one of the best to compete with your family! Before entering the vehicle, you’ll get the chance to design a virtual car. Split yourselves into groups — parents vs. kids maybe? — and design the best car possible! (Make sure to tell the Cast Member you want two design stations.)
After you board the physical car, you’ll go through the various tests. At the end of each one, a leaderboard is shown, including an overall winner. To maximize your car’s score, make sure it excels in multiple categories — not just one. The overall score is the most important, so make sure your vehicle is a good blend of power, efficiency, responsiveness, and capability.
After you’ve disembarked the vehicle, make sure to check out the stats on the big interactive screen just past PhotoPass.
Learn more about Test Track here:
Toy Story Mania might be the best place to fight with your family! The carnival-inspired games are fun for everyone — and the pull string is easier to aim than the laser on Buzz.
To maximize your score, aim at:
- The rat running up the barn in the first scene (egg toss). If you hit him, the barn will spin around and open with higher scoring targets.
- The lava in the Dinosaur dart game. If you hit all of the squiggly balloons spilling down the volcano, it will erupt with tons of balloons.
- The flying plates in the Army Man saucer break. You’re going to have to work with your riding mate, but the soldiers toss up plates worth 2000 points on both sides of the screen. If you can hit them simultaneously, a cannon comes out and shoots tons of high point plates!
- The aliens in the middle of the ring toss. If you can ring all of the ones on the spaceship before any pop back up, it will turn into a monster who eats rings and gives big points!
And there you have it! The best places to fight with your family in Walt Disney World — bet you didn’t think we’d advise that did you? 🙂
Where do you like to get competitive with your family in Walt Disney World? Let us know in the comments!
Click below to subscribe to the AllEars® newsletter so you don’t miss any of the latest Disney news!
Want More AllEars? You know you Do! Follow us on social media!